Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Randomness

Sunday is my favorite day to write. I usually don't put a lot on my calendar just in case I want to sleep the afternoon away. Planning for a nap isn't the worst idea let me say. But whether I have anything important to say (isn't it all important?) or I just want to "clear my thoughts" writing helps with that.

So this Sunday I have some random things on my mind:

1. I know in my blog I post a lot about my dreams. They are so vivid and weird and real to me that I consciously try to figure out what my subconscious is trying to tell me as I sleep. I had several dreams last night. In one there was a skunk loose in the house. Except when the skunk ran by me it just looked like a black and white cat. Everyone wanted to catch the skunk and I said, "Why don't you just open the door and let it out?" Which is what I did in the dream.

Dreammoods.com has this to say about the dream:

To see a skunk in your dream suggests that you are driving people away or turning them off. Alternatively, the dream indicates that your suppressed anger is on the verge of exploding. You are not expressing your true feelings even though you do not agree with a decision.

Well, that's just great.

Who am I driving away? How do I make it stop? Who have I offended in the last week? Better question: Who haven't I? Or, I have suppressed anger? The last part of the dream interpretation could be true, but how do I fix this problem without fearing backlash? And what about the fact that the "skunk" in my dream was really a cat? Am I being paranoid about driving people away? Am I ignoring my anger?

I wish I could just have normal dreams about Ryan Gosling instead.

2. I hate when things that I know shouldn't annoy me annoy me. My friend and I were talking about how it feels seeing ex-crushes/boyfriends/flings get engaged. It shouldn't be annoying, but it is. Like they couldn't get it together when they were on our radar, but magically with the power of time, they are committed enough to get engaged?! Some other girl is reaping the rewards for all the hard work we put in to deal with their nonsense, make them better people, hold them accountable for their actions? Annoying!

3. The other day my co-workers and I were talking about the foods we eat when we want to feel "fatty." My fatty, let me sit on the couch and be a slug food is Long John Silvers fried fish with fries and hush puppies. It tastes like it's been fried in butter. It's fantastic. Eating healthy is a constant struggle for me. Maybe LJS is less my fatty food and more my rebellious food. Like so what, I still like heart-clogging, half-hearted attempts at fast food.

4. I'm devoting 15 minutes today to writing. Not blog, word vomit writing but real, let's try to write a novel here writing. This will most likely happen after my nap.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment