Saturday, January 12, 2013

50/50 Challenge: Gangster/Classic

I'm on a movie roll so far in 2013. Helps that I am a movie reviewer, but even if I wasn't, I'd still be at the theater about as much as I am now. I love movies; what can I say?

For movie #4 I saw the much anticipated but poorly reviewed "Gangster Squad." Personally, I enjoyed it. Maybe it's because it had Ryan Gosling in it, but honestly, while it wasn't an instant gangster classic, it's still entertaining. Also, my boyfriend's brother makes his big screen debut as the valet. His character appears for a few brief seconds, but those seconds are still fantastic. His name is Christopher Tisa. Look out for him in the trailer as well.

I saw "Les Miserables" for the first time for movie #5. I'm familiar with the music, but my goodness was it amazing. It's a long, epic sort of movie/play, but it's well worth it to be a viewer of something that grandiose. I am interested in seeing the play now, but as for the movie, it deserves the hype it's received. It's a beautifully done production even though it's a bit odd to see Russell Crowe in a singing role. Try not to get chills when hearing "Do You Hear the People Sing?" and "On My Own."

I'm excited for this Sunday's Golden Globes and am spending the rest of the evening reading fashion magazines, watching reality tv and hopefully starting my 2nd book of the 50/50 Challenge.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment