Sunday, June 30, 2013

50/50 Challenge: Onward!

I grew up in Kansas and one of the infamous groups Kansas is unfortunately known for is those members of the Westboro Baptist Church. They used to picket at my school primarily during in gay pride events and they are infamous for picketing funerals. I don't want to go into a rant as to what my true feelings are about this group, but that way of thinking is so beyond me that I was tempted to and did read Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church.

I thought it'd be more cult-like and it is to a point, but this person's story was more of how they ban you from relationships outside of the church and all the rules they have for women. It was a bit dull to tell you the truth. I don't agree with nor do I like cults, but I can't deny that they do fascinate me to a certain extent. I wanted more of the insider secrets, but really they just seem like a bunch of crazies; something I already knew.

On the movie front, I was able to add "The Bling Ring."


and "Monsters University" to my list.


Book #15: Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church by Laura Drain

Movie: #36: Monsters University
Movie #37: The Bling Ring

No comments:

Post a Comment