Thursday, June 13, 2013

50/50 Challenge Update: Lucky Number Thirteen

For book #13 on my challenge list I read "Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by blogger/author Jenny Lawson. Her tales of her growing up in rural Texas with a father who brought home roadkill to stuff and a mom who allowed it without blinking an eye. There were parts where I actually laughed out loud like when describes her sister as Terminator in a cornfield. (She describes it much more witty than I.) And my favorite parts are of her conversations/arguments with her husband because they are so real. However, note to funny writers: please stop footnoting your writing. You're already funny without the added bits. After awhile those get annoying.

Currently, if I told you how many books are on my nightstand and on hold at the library you would think I am exaggerating. But with EW's summer reading list and B&N sending me daily emails for discount books on my Nook, what's a girl to do?

I'm not complaining. I'd rather have a list of books to read rather than trying to get suggestions from people who have no idea what I am in the mood for when half the time I'm not even sure myself.

My next challenge is "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed. I have some book club meetings coming up so I have to kick it in gear to read those too. So goes the pathetic problems of a book nerd. I'm sure if you are reading this blog on some level you can relate.

37 books to go...

Book #13: Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment