Sunday, June 9, 2013

50/50 Challenge: Three Movies, One Week

Sometimes when I plan things I just 'yes' to everything and before I know it I book myself full and never take time to rest. As a result of this, I now have a cold. I feel I never get sick anymore unless it's due to not getting enough sleep. However, the plus side is that I'm usually doing something fun!

                                   

Last week I saw three movies in three days. Two of three were great, and the other one was at least short enough to make not be too pissed off.

"The Kings of Summer" is a smaller film that will probably be swallowed up by all the other blockbusters, but deserves a look or at least a rental when it comes to DVD.



"The Purge" was the scary movie that I actually gave a chance despite my dislike for scary movies in general. It seemed like such an interesting, if not unbelievable, premise. But it ended in disappointment. Awful. 85 minutes long and I feel like I spent a lifetime trying to get through the movie only to be uninspired by the ending.



Finally, "The Internship" has been under a bit of scrutiny by the critics by repeating the "Wedding Crashers" formula but so what if Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn brought back their bro times. It works! They're hilarious together and are quick and witty with their lines. Plus, seeing Google is awesome. I am fascinated by that place.



I'm seeing "Man of Steel" this week, one that I've been looking forward to and have "Before Sunrise" on hold at the library because I've never seen it and now want to watch all three. What good movies have you seen lately?

Movie #33: The Kings of Summer
Movie #34: The Purge
Movie #35: The Internship


(photo from: just-spotted.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment