Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Flight Delay

I hate being late. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. If I'm running late I feel very anxious and flustered and mad! I'm supposed to head out tomorrow for a long weekend to see my family and the San Diego fog has settled in and delayed things. Being delayed means you have to rearrange your plans. I had to schedule a new ride to the airport. Alert my sister in Kansas of the delay. Plus, it just sucks!

It's like saying, hey, you know that really fun thing that you've been looking forward to for weeks? Yeah, you can't do that yet. You have to wait about three more hours. And it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is! Until you put things in perspective and realize things could be so much worse. But for about 20 minutes when I first was alerted to this delay I pretty much lost it.

Once I finally calmed down I told my guy that I was sorry for being upset. He told me I was scary. I looked at him and said, that wasn't even my full scary.

But the thing is this: shit happens. And while it sucks to be delayed, I will still be seeing my family tomorrow just as the original plan was. It's just going to be a few hours later. I'm ready for this "spring break!"

Perspective. Without it everything would continue to be on high drama alert. And that's way too much energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment