Sunday, March 24, 2013

50/50 Challenge: 'Starbuck'- Movie #12

One of the perks about being a writer is that sometimes I get to write about really fun things, like movies! And since I write movie reviews, I get to see them at advanced screenings!




photo credit: filmofilia.com

Recently, I saw a movie that I had never heard of, wasn't really expecting a lot from, but ended up LOVING. That movie is "Starbuck" and I recommend all of you to go right now and see if your theatre is showing it. It is a film about (a little over an hour and a half in length) about a man who donates his sperm when he's in his 20s, grows up and finds that his has "fathered" over 500 children! You can read my full review here, but let me tell you that this movie is funny, but more than that, it is endearing, heartfelt, fantastic, did I mention I loved it?

Also, the music is fantastic as well and I have been trying to found the soundtrack online with no luck. By the way, the movie is in French, but does have English subtitles. Speaking in French just makes things better, oui?

That's my pick of the month. Probably my pick of the last few months. Nothing has really come out that's been groundbreaking since awards season. Go see "Starbuck" and let me know if you share my enthusiasm for it.

Movie #12: Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment