Sunday, March 17, 2013

50/50 Challenge: Book #5 - The Paris Wife

I made it to book five by reading 'The Paris Wife' by Paula McLain which came out a couple of years ago. It's a fictional tale of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley and their romance and adventures in Paris. I really loved the description of their travels and of his writing, but dangit if Ernest Hemingway didn't piss me off.

It's quite depressing at times just with the brooding and the difference in ideals and the hard work it takes with a marriage, but as far as the book goes, I found it a good read. Because it was so descriptive and kept moving within the story (literally from city to city), it helped move the book along.

I had the new book by J.K. Rowling on my list next to read but the it's still on hold at the library plus I heard not so great things about it. Not too sad about missing out; the book looked humongous.

Three and a half months in and I still have made it to five books. I'm not sure how I am going to achieve 50.

Book #5: The Paris Wife by Paula McLain

No comments:

Post a Comment