Tuesday, March 5, 2013

50/50 Challenge: Book #4 - Home Front

Finally finished with another book. Home Front by Kristin Hannah is a book that I may or may not have read part of before but reread for a book club. The thing about Kristin Hannah's books is that they remind slightly of Nicholas Sparks. There is a formula to them. It usually set in modern times with a deeper lesson to be learned. This makes for an easy, if not sometimes dull, read.

For the most part I liked this book. It's about a woman soldier who gets deployed and her lawyer husband has to learn how to take care of their two girls as well as learn that his wife is indeed in the military. It's an interesting look at the time away from family during a deployment and the chaos that can happen upon returning home.

This is the 3rd book of Hannah's I've read but still haven't managed to read Firefly Lane yet, which everyone seemed to love. Good thing I have book club to keep me on track with reading as well as always pump me with new suggestions. Next up on the list is The Paris Wife.

What have you been reading?

Book #4: Home Front - Kristin Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment