Sunday, January 11, 2015

Where's Courtney: Welcome to San Antonio, TX! (January 2014)

A few years ago, three of my best girlfriends and I decided that every year we would have a girls' travel weekend. They all have kids; we all have busy schedules and we keep in touch through email for the really important things, but scheduling a time every year just for us to reconnect is something I look forward to and cherish. 

Last year we voted on San Antonio for our annual travel weekend. We've also been to Chicago, Weston, MO and the cutest B&B, Lake of the Ozarks, and San Diego. San Antonio has a funky vibe with a lot to offer in terms of history, culture, and food. It's also walker-friendly, so we didn't have to spend money on a car, just a cab from the airport.

One of my friends is great at finding hotel deals and we ended up with a picturesque location on the Riverwalk with a spacious room perfect for the four of us. 


Since I''m fascinated with the paranormal, we signed up for a ghost tour which led us around the Alamo and its surrounding area. I will say that the tour we chose was a bit disappointing. The guide told us a few stories, but with the historical culture of the area, I thought there'd be more to share. Not all of it seemed authentic.


We had a chance to watch a glassblowing demonstration at an art gallery, live orchestra music on the street, and a boat trip down the river. Most of all it was fun to spend time together and sharing memories of new trip. 





The tradition makes our friendship stronger and creates memories that are priceless. This year, we've decided we would be a little unconventional and focus on the big event that is happening in San Diego later this year - my wedding!

Travel is such an important part of my life and so are my friends. By mixing the two, I get the best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment