Friday, June 20, 2014

50/50 Challenge Update: Halfway Mark

Only 10 more days left in June and we're at the halfway mark for the 50/50 Challenge. I don't know how you're doing with your reading/watching goals, but I am right on track. Almost.
Movie-wise I feel like I'm coasting right along.

Taylor Kitsch is fun to look at and he stars in Movie #22

25. Jersey Boys
Let me say one thing about how I write movie reviews: I don't like being mean. If the movie is a snore or I think that the director or the actors mailed it in, then yeah, I'll say so. But I am not a critic.
I'm not going to analyze the cinematography and nitpick every last detail. I am going to tell you what the movie is about, whether I liked it, and why. That's it.
I always think no matter how awful the film, there are people who have put their efforts into producing something for the big screen. And whether it sucks or not, I have some kind of soft spot for the bravery that takes.
Book-wise I'm further behind than I thought. I felt I had read more than I had, so I need to pick up the pace.

18. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

I liked this book just fine but didn't fall in love with it as many people in my book club did. I loved the 80's throwback and the thought of young love and those all-important, all-consuming conversations, but I just liked.
I will most likely see the movie (said to come out in 2015) but I won't have the fangirl eagerness that I did for "The Hunger Games" or even "Divergent." My YA excitement only stretches so far.
Currently, I'm reading This Is Where I Leave You that which I do LOVE. Sarcasm is so my speed. Plus, this movie coming out in August is starring one of my favorite actors - Jason Bateman.

What's a movie you haven't seen that people give you crap about for not seeing?

For me it's probably "The Princess Bride." I still have no interest in seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment