Sunday, June 8, 2014

50/50 Challenge: Jane Green, Beach Read Queen

follow me on Instagram: @mscourtneybeth
Jane Green comes out with a book every year, or so it seems. Her writing follows a formula that is mostly chick-lit with a little extra wit added in to her writing. 

Her books are easy to gobble up and is perfect when you want something breezy to read on a summer day. Her recent Tempting Fate is a heartfelt story about a woman struggling with a mid-life crisis and the infidelity she experiences. 

Tempting FateTempting Fate by Jane Green

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jane Green is the best guilty pleasure reading that doesn't make you feel guilty at all! Her writing is crisp, modern and right on track covering issues women of all all ages can relate to.

She injects honesty, humor and a happy ending into all of her books and Tempting Fate is no exception. I read it in about eight hours over the course of two days. It's pure entertainment and a perfect pool or beach read.

She covers the issue of infidelity in a real way, covering the emotions and viewpoints of all involved. She is a favorite author of mine because she doesn't stray from your simple formula for a quick, satisfying read.

She helped me reach Book #17 of my 2014 50/50 Challenge.

Movies


Since my last 50/50 update, I've seen five new movies and I'm seeing three more next week. By the end of June, I'll be well over my halfway mark. 

17. Words and Pictures (read full review here)
18. X-Men: Days of Future Past
19. Third Person (review to come at the end of the month)
20. Temptation
21. The Fault in Our Stars

The newest X-Men was good, but not as good as "X-Men: First Class." I watched "Temptation" on Netflix and the story was sad and frankly, kind of pathetic. Glad I didn't watch in while it was in theaters, but not that mad I watched it while writing during a Thursday afternoon.

"The Fault in Our Stars" or #TFIOS was everything I wanted it to be. The book, of course, is still superior. I cried harder reading the book than watching the movie, but the casting was excellent. Girl crush on Shailene Woodley and love the adorableness of Ansel Elgort. Take your girlfriend, your mom, your sister, pretty much anyone with estrogen. Also, take your tissues.

Until my next update, keep reading and watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment