Friday, February 7, 2014

50/50 Challenge Update


So far for the 50/50 Challenge, I've read more new books than watched new movies. For Book #6 I read a book by Rob Sheffield who is fun to follow on Twitter and whose other book, Love is a Mix Tape, was sad and nostalgic and fun. His current book, Turn Around Bright Eyes, chronicles his love for karaoke among other things. I enjoyed reading about his time in New York, since it is one of my favorite cities. 

There hasn't been a lot of great movies out yet this year. Maybe after the Oscars there will be a revival. This luckily leaves me time for more reading. 

And, more time for TV. I know lots of people who don't have cable. I think that's great for them to save money and not waste their time watching reruns, but I just wonder, how do they do it?!

I love TV. I do. I can't help it. I can watch reruns of Top Chef or Scandal for hours and hours and hours. I am mostly a fan of food shows and really gory crime shows, i.e. The Following, The Blacklist. Sometimes I worry about my choice in television, but know that the darkness of the shows is just for entertainment.

I tried getting into House of Cards because everyone loves it, yet I just don't. Kevin Spacey is fantastic. The supporting cast is hit or miss. Plus, all the sex that I don't find to be provocative or necessary.

I digress.

I'm currently reading 1984 and have books already on the nightstand ready to go. I just toured the new downtown library, and it is incredible. Their new book section is fantastic.

Read more books.

Book #6: Turn Around Bright Eyes by Rob Sheffield

No comments:

Post a Comment