Wednesday, February 13, 2013

50/50 Challenge: The Need for Speed

For movie #9, I saw a classic for the first time: "Top Gun." I have seen bits and pieces of the movie over the years, but it's always been the same parts: the bar scenes, the motorcycle drives, but I never saw the movie from beginning to end. That is until last weekend when AMC was showing it in IMAX.

IMAX is something that I find expensive and unnecessary, but in honor of the movie and nostalgia factor for my boyfriend, I agreed to go. I liked it. I knew I would. Tom Cruise - he was such a good-looking, just smooth guy. I loved him in "Cocktail" too and he always be that movie star to me. The best part of the movie though has to be the soundtrack. Who doesn't love the 80s? Plus, I've been to KC BBQ where some of the scenes were shot as well as Miramar's base.

They're also going to show another classic this spring in IMAX: "Jurassic Park." I also recently just saw that movie (last year) and mentioned how cool it would be see it 3D and now it's happening. From the preview, it looks pretty awesome. So I'm almost to double digits with the movie part of the challenge and have another movie that I should've seen years ago crossed off the list.

#9: Top Gun

1 comment: