Sunday, February 10, 2013

50/50 Challenge: Almost But Not Quite

I've knocked two more movies off my 50/50 Challenge list. "Identity Thief" starring one of my favorites, Jason Bateman, and Melissa McCarthy looked so promising in the trailer, but then fall sadly flat. You can read my full review here.

On the opposite end of the movie spectrum is "Side Effects" which is a dark thriller from Steven Soderbergh that looks at the insides of depression and side effects of medication. That's an understatement to the actual premise because the movie has a lot more twists than that. I can't reveal them all without giving away the entire thing, but if you've seen it, let me know if you liked it. You can read that full review here.

I feel my movie reviews are more - "I liked it" or "I didn't like it" - and less an in-depth analyzing of every detail. I am working on making them more detailed, but sometimes I just liked to read why someone did or did not like the movie.

#7 - Side Effects
#8 - Identity Thief


Eight movies in, not too shabby. I'm seeing "Top Gun" in the theatre today. That'll be my #9. I've never seen it the whole way through! Shameful, I know.

P.S. If you read my reviews and like them, feel free to become a subscriber!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment