Sunday, February 22, 2015

February Birchbox Review: Rent the Runway Collaboration

This was the first month for me to get one of the specially-curated boxes that Birchbox offers. If you're new to Birchbox, every month subscribers have the option of receiving the regular subscription with products chosen based on your profile or the curated box which includes items from the brand they've teamed up with for the month. 

For February, Birchbox joined with Rent the Runway to give an "all about the details" box and it was filled with some fantastic products. 

derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub | Full-size, $12.95 

I'm a fan of derma e products, especially their night cream. This product works fantastically, makes my skin feel baby soft. The only slight drawback is the clinical smell, which is to be expected due to its ingredients. Fortunately, the scent isn't lingering and the results are worth it. I got the formula for normal to oily skin and I have dry to normal skin. Thought it'd affect my skin and have it flake, but it worked well. 

Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo | Full-size, $10-$20

Gives you salon-fresh hair. I've been using dry shampoo more when my hair needs a pick-me-up. I haven't yet to use it post-workout when my hair is exceptionally sweaty, but the product works well on my roots. 

Net Soap, Radio Body Wash - The Stuff that Cupid dips his arrows in | Full-size, $16

Love, love, love the packaging. The smell, not so much. The product lathers well, but the blackberry/vanilla scent is too overwhelming for me (guess I don't enjoy those pheromone inducers!). However, I am one of the few who do not like the smell of Victoria's Secret bath products and this scent is similar to those. 

Sumita Color Contract Eyeliner| Full-size, $11-$21

The blue/teal color is remarkable. Not a color I'd use everyday, but it's a little bit rock 'n roll for a fun makeup look. It has great pigment and glides on easily. I'm happy that Birchbox sent me something I normally wouldn't pick for myself, but will definitely use. 

theBalm Read My Lips | Full-size, $15

The product was a mismatch for me. Anything bubblegum pink does not work well for my skin tone. It makes it look like I have frosted makeup. The texture was stickier rather than shiny. Not a fan. 

Overall, another beauty-ful box. There will always be a few misses among all the hits, and I love my first curated box experience. 

If you have yet to sign up for Birchbox and want to get beauty products delivered to your mailbox every month, then you can use my referral link by clicking HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment