Monday, April 14, 2014

Do You Have a Website? Why Yes, Yes I Do - www.courtneyhartmann.com


I thought it'd be helpful to have a website to at least have a central online presence for the times when someone asks, "Do you have a website?" 

For a long time, I just had the domain, but no site. Then, I changed the website to what I thought was a simple, chic, gray and white format. I am a writer, not a designer. I wasn't going to overwhelm with a lot of banner design and CSS business that frankly, I know nothing about.

I wanted a website that sums up who I am, what I do and how you can contact me. I don't like to be segmented into one box, as you might remember, so I didn't want a cold price list of my services and how much they cost. Each project is different.

HOWEVER, despite my modern and simplistic original web design, I had more than one person claim my website to be "too blah." Two people said this, in fact, in not so many words. After scoffing at this criticism, I did have to ask myself, do I want my creativity to be represented all in gray? I am not sophisticate extraordinaire. I am not gray and white silk pantsuit chic.

I am an adventurous explorer and I wanted to be reflected online as such. May I present the brand new: www.courtneyhartmann.com!

As a perfectionist, the website will always be a work in progress but the basics are there and most importantly, I love it. So, I'm going to have this moment.

I think it's important to realize that you can have both sides of the writing coin. Yes, you can have a perfectly professional work ethic that meets the goals your clients have in mind. 

You can also embrace your creative side that ignites everything you do whether it is writing copy for a business, networking at an event, or just jotting down some notes on a sticky pad to be referenced later and potentially turned into something great. 

No one can tell you what kind of writer you're going to be. For me, I just want to be a memorable one. A great one. The best.

I want my writing to help people achieve their goals and I want it to lead me to new stories, exotic travels, a fantastically wild life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment