Sunday, April 13, 2014

Join Me on Goodreads!

Several friends from the book club I belong to suggested using Goodreads to organize and review the books I read. I was hesitant at first, not sure why, but decided to bite the bullet.

I've been on Goodreads since 2011, but I haven't really been active on the site at all. Until now. My first step into organized book reviews means that my reviews can now be beautifully inserted into my blog by the power of HTML. 

Yes, the reviews will still be a little scattered, but hopefully it gives you a better idea of what I think about the books I'm reading. Now, if they only gave you a free personal pan pizza when you reached your goals...

Cartwheel is Book #13 on my 2014 50/50 Challenge. What's on your virtual bookshelf? 


CartwheelCartwheel by Jennifer duBois

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The book is loosely based on the Amanda Knox story, so the fictional details the author provides gives the reader an "inside look" into what occurred leading up to the events rather than focusing on the trial itself.

Although the story centers around Lily and Katy, two students studying abroad in Buenos Aires, the most interesting character of the book is Sebastien. First, he annoyed me with his pompous dialect, but then it started to grow on me and turn out to be kind of funny and witty. As I read more of his character, I visualized Ryan Phillippe as Sebastian in the movie "Cruel Intentions."

I felt his character kept the book in motion. Otherwise, the book felt a bit draining and flat at times. Since I knew bits and pieces of the Amanda Knox story, I was hoping for more of a twist of events on the story.

I liked that the author chose the title "Cartwheel" due to such a significant event in the real Amanda Knox story and to this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment