Thursday, April 17, 2014

Agoraphobe, Er, Fab!

Just 36 more books to go for my 50/50 Challenge!

Book #14:

Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My BedroomAgorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom by Sara Benincasa

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It's rare that you read about agoraphobia and someone's experience with it. Mixing such a serious topic with the author's comedic voice really made the book enjoyable and made the stories seem to come to life.

I like how the book was broken up with different stories spanning over years at a time rather than one continuous story without any breaks. Her parents were incredible and I particularly liked when they went "overboard" when helping her grocery shop just to help her.

Her stint at the spiritual retreat was one of my favorite parts because it was fascinating, if not a bit scary. I thought it was going to take a darker turn, but I'm glad it didn't.

The ending was great without having that "and we all lived happily ever after" feel. The author was genuine throughout the book and I liked her comedic inserts. It's a quick, fun read.



No comments:

Post a Comment