Sunday, September 8, 2013

Serious Slacker

The darkest places in hell...
I haven't made much progress at all with my 50/50 Challenge. Even when I thought I was on quite a roll, I feel like I've come to a slow almost standstill. I did read Inferno by Dan Brown in about a weekend even thought it was what felt like 1,000 pages long. I enjoy his books. They're fast reads and discuss lots of interesting things about art and history and symbols and I find it fascinating, if fictitious. It kind of makes me want to read Dante's work again, even though I'm sure that thought will be cut short when I start to wade through that clunky text. 

This book took a little longer to get started on than his past ones, but still once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. I can't say what my favorite of his is, maybe The Lost Symbol because I freaking love information about the Masons. All the secrecy, I think.

While the likelihood of me reaching my 50/50 goal looks dismal, I still have not given up hope. I am having trouble finding new books I want to read. And then when I do find books to read, it becomes difficult to finish them! #booknerdproblems

In other news, looking forward to the return of Scandal, Top Chef and American Horror Story in addition to the beginning of The Blacklist. #couchpotato

Did she really just hashtag in her blog? You bet your pants I did.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality during times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri

Book #19: Inferno by Dan Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment