Sunday, August 24, 2014

50/50 Challenge Update: Reading Frenzy

shared from Read It Forward's Facebook page

I read two books this weekend. Actually, I finished one book, then started and finished two more. Toot, toot, beep, beep - you read that right. While I would love to do a book report on every book I read (really, I wouldn't), I am dedicated just not that dedicated. So, here is are my short sum-ups for the last 7 books I've read. 

If you've read any of these and want to share your reviews, thoughts, and/or tweets with me, I love hearing from other reading enthusiasts. Book nerds unite!

24. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
Ms. Chopin, must you complain so much? Feminism? Me thinks not.

25. The One & Only by Emily Giffin
Giffin-style with made-for-tv movie written all over it.

26. We Were Liars by e. Lockhart
A bit predictable, but not all disappointing.

27. Orange Is the New Black by Piper Lerman
Was indifferent about reading it. Ended up enjoying it. No, haven't seen the show yet. Nor do I have plans to.

28. Night Film by Marisha Pessl
One of the better ones I read in this stretch of books. Love the mystery and haunted feel of the novel because I am fascinated by topics in that category. I wrote a review on Goodreads for this one.

29. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.
Do you like the song: "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem feat. Rihanna? Then, you'll love this book. Makes you feel good about that "bad boy" that got away.

30. Delicious by Ruth Reichl
I love reading about food. This is fiction but with plenty of food discussed. Thought it was great.

I've only watched four new movies since my last update because let's be honest, this summer has sucked in terms of new movies. Blockbusters? Please. Millions of dollars at the box office still does not a good movie make. 

30. The Expendables 3
Whenever the first one came out I thought it was a parody. I'm still not convinced this is not the case. Lots of action. Crappy plot. And, those men are getting OLD.

31. Love Is Strange
Sweetly simple but dealing with a lot of complex emotions and topics. 

32. TMNT
No, I never saw the original. I was a kid who hardly watched tv and played outside or read. Big surprise there. Those turtles are kinda creepy, yeah? 

33. Guardians of the Galaxy
Had hoped for better. Love Vin Diesel's dialogue. Ha! Watched it at the drive-in with TMNT which was cool. Fun night out. 

I'm happy that I am whittling away at my library and book club list, and some of my must-see movies are coming out soon. Until my next update, which I know you await with bated breath, happy reading and watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment