Sunday, July 13, 2014

50/50 Challenge Update

Just a quick post to update my challenge progress. I have slacked in the book reading department despite the growing number of books being added to my nightstand. Currently, I am reading The Rosie Project, but for #19 I read This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. I read this one because soon it will be a movie starring one of my favorite actors, Jason Bateman. 

The main character, Judd, in the book has the dark, dry humor that I love so much and I think Jason Bateman will be a perfect fit to bring it to the big screen.

For book #20, I read Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham of "Gilmore Girls" fame. When I set out to read this book I thought that it was a memoir. I opened up the first page of the book thinking it was her memoir. Note to those going to read the book: it is NOT a memoir. However, it was entertaining and reminded me of my short time living in New York.

These past two books I recommend to readers and so far, I can't tell if I like The Rosie Project, but it's definitely intriguing. Who's read it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm always better about seeing movies and now have three more under my belt: 

26. Think Like a Man Too
27. What If
28. Boyhood

I will have reviews on "What If" and "Boyhood" on Examiner.com soon. Subscribe if you haven't already! I was entertained by "Think Like a Man Too" but not nearly as much as the first one. In my mind though, Kevin Hart can do no wrong right now, so I suggest seeing it.

So that's it. Keeping the pace, not losing hope that this is THE year that I will read 50 books and watch 50 movies. <insert inspirational song here>

No comments:

Post a Comment