Monday, May 19, 2014

50/50 Challenge: Long Overdue Update

I've been so busy reading and watching movies for the challenge (among a million other things) that I haven't had time to document my progress. 

Airplane rides are probably one of the best times for me to get reading done. I read nearly every night before bed, but sometimes by the time I'm ready to settle in and read a few chapters, my body feels like sleep is necessary sooner rather than later. Who else has fallen asleep with the light on and book open? 

On my recent travels to Nashville, which I will posting a blog about soon, I finished two books! 

Book #15: Then and Always by Dani Atkins which was an Advance Reader's Edition:

Then and AlwaysThen and Always by Dani Atkins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was lucky enough to receive this book as an Advance Reader's Edition. After reading some of the other reviews on here, I see that it was originally titled "Fracture," which I like better than its current "Then and Always" title...

(read more of the full review)

and Book #16: One More Thing (Stories and Other Stories) by BJ Novak: 


One More Thing: Stories and Other StoriesOne More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved every story from this collection and I'm glad because I am a fan of B.J. Novak as a writer/actor for The Office. I would have been disappointed if his short story writing fell flat, but it was the opposite. It was engaging and well-edited, funny, heartwarming and clever...
(read more of the full review)

Movie wise, you can read all my reviews here and let me know if you agree or disagree by tweeting to me: @mscourtneybeth, but I can give you my three-word rundown right now. 


#10: Neighbors - Zac Efron's abs
#11: Chef - Jon Favreau's awesome
#12: Locke - drive faster, Bane!
#13: Baggage Claim - Do better, Paula
#14: The Other Woman - I love Leslie
#15: Million Dollar Arm - Top monthly pick
#16: Godzilla - Please God, no
Movies #13, #14, and #16 will have reviews up within a week from this blog post. But before I post my review on Godzilla, please save your money, and do not see it. Wait for it to come to Redbox if you must, but even then save your $1.
By the end of next month, to reach my halfway point of the challenge I need to have read 9 more books and watched 9 more movies. Can. it. be. done?

No comments:

Post a Comment