Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weight Watchers

For real though (Pinterest)
With the holidays coming up, I guess it is normal to hear about the different diets people are on and how they hope to "be good" over the holidays. To me, food is part of the holidays, why would you want to limit it?

There are too many diets. There is always a switch of what is good for you and what isn't. Then there are the people who diet during the week only to gorge on the weekends thinking that's somehow healthy.

The worst is those who lament over what they've eaten as if it's destroyed their life. If you are so worried about the weight that eating a donut is going to make you gain...don't eat the donut. Otherwise, enjoy the pastry and move on with your life.

The majority of people like to say they are dieting for their health when really it's for vanity reason and shame those not dieting for how many calories they consume a day. For me, I can tell when I feel heavy or sluggish and I will cut things out of my diet for awhile. 

If I made a real effort, I probably could lose the five or ten pounds that I could stand to let go, but I enjoy eating too much. If I'm eating poorly one week, I will make a conscious effort the next to cut it out. But when did everyone become so hyper-sensitive to food?

I plan to embrace the holidays, all of it, even the food. Especially the food! I'm over the weight obsession. Just be healthy and happy and move on to more important things in life.

Off my soapbox now.

50/50 Challenge Update: Movie #71: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire -- Book #23: Family Pictures by Jane Green (an easy read if you're going to be traveling). Also, I actually received The Dinner in the mail for free from Random House, so I probably will make an effort to finish it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment