Tuesday, November 18, 2014

50/50 Challenge: Six Weeks to Go!

Six weeks until the end of the year, which means six weeks for me to read 11 more books and 5 -- it can be done!

The only movie I've watched since my last post is "Foxcatcher" which I'll be posting a review to on Examiner this Friday. It has Channing Tatum in it, but not like you're used to seeing him, that's for sure. 

I also technically read three new books, but since The Goldfinch was such a mother of a read, I am counting it as two. I think in the 50/50 Challenge rules somewhere, the fact that it's 771 pages counts. When I got to the end and it became front heavy, things got rough. 

So, to sum up my progress:

Movie #45: Foxcatcher

I'm hoping that #46 will be "Mockingjay Part I"!

Book #36: The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
Book #37/#38: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (winner of the Pulitzer Prize for fiction)
Book #39: I Can't Make This Stuff Up by Theresa Caputo a.k.a. The Long Island Medium, who I met briefly and hugged at a Warwick's book signing.

So, not terribly great on my progress, but it will be done. I will accomplish my goal and treat myself to a whole cheesecake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment