Saturday, December 28, 2013

50/50 Challenge: Only a Few Days Left

I can't believe we are already at the end of 2013. Literally, days away from the new year. I hit my movie mark for this challenge many blog posts ago, and had given up on the book part at about the same time. Even without reading the 50 books necessary to be a true challenge winner, I'm pretty proud of my effort. 

I went on a movie blitz last week and saw five new movies in six days. You can my movie reviews from the past year here: http://www.examiner.com/movie-in-san-diego/courtney-hartmann

#73: August: Osage County 
#74: The Wolf of Wall Street
#75: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
#76: Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
#78: American Hustle

I also finished another book that I enjoyed mostly...until the end. The kind of irked me. I felt it was a cop out to the story, but I think Lionel Shriver is a good, if not overly wordy, writer. The book covers the topic of obesity and weight loss, a craze in America today. It seems more like a passing fad or a commercialized market rather than a serious issue about health. The book is also about family and the sacrifices we make and the kind of obsessions we take over throughout our lives, and how we maintain control among chaos. If you've read it, I'd love to hear what you thought about the end. 

#26: Big Brother by Lionel Shriver

No comments:

Post a Comment